Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Laying in the arms of heaven


My chest rises, expanding...effortless,
(when did I ever breathe so easily)
and then falls in a kind of relaxation
that is only held in the arms of another

The feel of skin as it slides on skin
when did this caress begin, when will my paradise end
Is there another place, than this face as I gaze
into eyes so blue and hair so fine that time
is but the folly of a madman's sinful mind

Is there life beyond this moment as I hold you
as I listen to your breath, taste your skin
and touch your soul in the folds of a perfect
thigh, I cry, a tear of joy at the sight
of you who are my most tender dove
comfort and love, stolen from god and heaven above

You are my only home, whilst I lay
in arms so slight, my own might is ineffectual
wrapped in your warmth, hovering in your womb
caught in the moment of being, seeing
a kind of truth that the gospel does not preach
that most men and women never reach

Only here is unconditional love sweet god
Only here are all sins forgiven and forgotten
Only here are we truly created equal
after we have served each other in rapture and delight
good night
Here I lay... in the arms of Heaven

No comments: